A blog with pictures and memories from life in Lisbon. Um blogue de recordações de Milan Perveze...
Thursday, December 23, 2004
The old Lisnave communications tower, in Almada. As a kid, I dreamt of entering such a place in a rainy winter day, and watch those huge ships from all over the world entering the harbour. It is one of the few things that remains from one of the world's biggest shipyards, which was closed in the early 90's.
Wednesday, December 22, 2004
Friday, December 10, 2004
Uh, I haven't updated my blog these days... So many things to worry about and so little time and inspiration to take pictures! I think my next step will be photographing trees and the countryside using an infrared filter - I have to find a way to adapt it to my Casio QV-5700. The results, at least in the magazines, seem quite awesome... Until than, some more attempts with sepia toning, as with this picture, my all time favourite view to the city, near the Bairro Alto.
Friday, November 26, 2004
Back to Sao Paulo... In life, we fall in love with people, with places... With all its contradictions, such a beautiful country, and with such warm and welcoming people, will not disappoint anyone. I wish I could only leave Europe behind for a while and be a Brazilian for some time. Well, as a popular saying here states, we live in hope...
Now that's me taking pictures with the Casio camera. J. took this one using the low resolution Aiptek. I can swear this picture was not edited in any way! This is exactly how the camera took it, and I'm still trying to find out how the clowds can look like that with no image editing. Lovely chinese Aiptek indeed.
The city of Florianopolis, with its beautiful - and expensive - apartment blocks. The standard of living there and the quality of life is better than anything I've seen in the Spanish mediterranean coast, which has the most visited beaches in the world. I hope it remains that way and that massive tourism will not reach Floripa that soon.
The weather was rainy most of the time during our stay. Don't believe anyone that tells you that this is a tropical country. It was a fresh as Portugal (around 17, 18 º C), and we were lucky to get one or two sunny days and go to the beach. It's early spring in the southern hemisphere.
This is a map of the island of Santa Catarina, where Florianopolis is located. You can see the lakes where I took some of the pictures. The mountains that you can see in the beach photos are located in the mainland, which is clearly visible from the other side. The beaches can look completely different from each other in the island (everything changes, the sand, the waves).
Here's a map of Brazil (in Portuguese, we write it with an "s", Brasil) A small dot shows Sao Paulo, and a bit further to the south (another 12 hours journey by bus), is Florianopolis. Blumenau is not visible, but its only a bit to the west fo Floripa, as it is known locally. It's amazing, but the borders of modern Brazil were already established in the 16th century or so. I still can't figure it out how this was done that long ago, as it is a huge country.
In case any of you, my blogger friends, needs a better idea of the geography of my trip to Brazil, I'm posting two maps here - as suggested by Mr. "Bingo" :) I have never travelled so far, and it was a 12 hours journey, in an Iberia jet. I have finally discovered what a jetlag is! (Well, Brazil is only two hours behind Lisbon). Gee, even New York and Toronto are not so far away as Sao Paulo.
Wednesday, November 24, 2004
- ► 2005 (228)
12/19 - 12/26
- Aguas Livres Aqueduct, Lisbon.
- Aguas Livres Aqueduct, Lisbon.
- Pictures from the Aguas Livres aqueduct, built fro...
- The old Lisnave communications tower, in Almada. A...
- An old windmill in the hill, which was transformed...
- My former apartment block in Almada.
- View from the car.
- My car!
- When I was kid we've lived in that building in Alm...
- Trees in the hill, overlooking the Tagus in Almada...
- View to Cacilhas, a small village, with Lisbon on ...
- View to the river from Almada.
- It was a cold morning today, when I took these pic...
- Bairro Alto at night, a very hilly place, where mo...
- The narrow street near the Parliament, in Lisbon. ...
- Went to pick up J. last night. The office is near ...
12/05 - 12/12
- Nopes, not Venice. A palace in the main square i...
- The doors to the Venetian style palace in Principe...
- Nice late 19th century buildings in the Principe R...
- One of the fountains in the Santa Catarina viewpoi...
- Heading to Principe Real in a sunny winter day, in...
- Uh, I haven't updated my blog these days... So man...
11/21 - 11/28
- Back to Sao Paulo... In life, we fall in love with...
- Final pictures before we left. The clowds came bac...
- Security is such a problem in Brazil, even here. A...
- Pavement in Florianópolis.
- More pavement pictures with the "Calçada Portugues...
- Old part of town once again. Portuguese colonial s...
- A street in the old part of town, with the old col...
- This is the view from our room, in a three stars h...
- Now that's me taking pictures with the Casio camer...
- View from the boat. These two bridges connect the ...
- It was a clowdy day once again. I wonder how the w...
- View to the docking area, Floripa.
- Docking area in Floripa. We took a tour by boat fr...
- Docking area in Floripa.
- Another picture for K. This is the pavement in fro...
- The city of Florianopolis, with its beautiful - ...
- Another beach, near Canasvieiras.
- This was one of the "wild" beaches in the island, ...
- That small car in the center is a Fiat Palio we we...
- A small village in the island, which was colonised...
- The weather was rainy most of the time during our ...
- A beach in Canasvieiras, Florianópolis.
- This is a map of the island of Santa Catarina, whe...
- Here's a map of Brazil (in Portuguese, we write it...
- In case any of you, my blogger friends, needs a ...
- Lagoa da Conceição, Santa Catarina island.
- Tree near the lake, island of Santa Catarina, Bras...
- But nothing had prepared us for what we saw a few ...
- ▼ 12/19 - 12/26 (16)
- In Brazil
- Bingo and Betty
- Spill Forth Chameleon
- Say What?
- Celi's Photoblog
- The Eye of The Beholder
- Cinderella Mom
- Into The Sun
- The Locomotives
- Lua Extravagante
- Blanco Roto
- A Bomba
- Life as Mark Sees It
- Blogue do Nuno e Chiara
- Fragmentando Porciones
- My Big Book of Piccys
- Photo Sushi
- Rua Da Judiaria
- 1000 Imagens
- Mrs Fish
- Mrs.Fish Images
- Realidade em Devir
- Always Curious
- Kate's Photoblog
- Fotos Perdidas
- The Wonderful World
- Around Town
- Photoblogs Magazine
- Dias com Árvores
- Your Pink Star
- Random Snapshots
- Only When I Lose Myself
- My Fotothing
- Out of Focus
- Expats in Portugal
- Lisbon Guide
- La Carota
- Lynn in Tokyo
- Harm Van Der Geest
- Robert Phan
- Ne Varietur
- Photo Points Community
- Kukame McKenzie
- In Between My Gaze
- Ground Glass
- Palavras de Ursa
- Photo Junkie
- Angela Ferreira
- Morven Photo
- Crónicas de "Um" Vagamundo
- La Mala Reputacion
- Sakana Blog
- Sam Javanrouh
- Travel Memories
- Querido Leitor (BR)
- Born Perspective
- A Vida em Deli
- Super Goa
- Tudo sobre Eva
- City Eyes
- Dee Área
- Black and White Freaks Out
- My Love Life
- Sabri Hakim
- Travel Memories
- God Protect your Soul