A blog with pictures and memories from life in Lisbon. Um blogue de recordações de Milan Perveze...

Wednesday, October 13, 2004


But what really made me go back to these pictures - some of them already posted a few days ago - was the use of colour, or black and white, in a photography. I'm still "experimenting" with that, and refining my senses. A friend from America, K. (check her nice website at http://spillforthchameleon.blogspot.com/) liked the shadows and contrasts in this picture in its B/W version. Does it look any better in colour, I wonder?

4 comments:

bingo and betty said...

I don't think its a matter of being better or not. Its like one is jazz and the other is painting. Two differnt forms creating feeling. I think or should I say, your on the right road and all that you do just adds to your experience and adds to the next picture that you create. Your work is strong.

Milan said...

Hi friend, thanks for your motivating comments once again. Regards

Milan said...

Hi Cleo, thanks for your comments. In case you ever like any of the pictures just let me know, so I can e-mail you one not too compressed. It would also be a pleasure to print one in photo paper and send you by mail. Regards.

KMJ said...

You know you have an amazing photograph when it looks stunning both in color and in black and white -- for very different reasons. I love the contrasts in the b&w, and the clouds and wheat look like an impressionist painting in the color. The color shot is softer and almost nostalgiac.

Followers

Blog Archive