A blog with pictures and memories from life in Lisbon. Um blogue de recordações de Milan Perveze...

Friday, November 05, 2004


Yes, I´m here, in the other side of the world! Its almost everything as I´ve imagined it. A giant city, unlike any other thing I´ve seen before, and they all speak my language - although the written Portuguese here is slightly different, and the accent much sweeter than ours in Europe. This megalopolis has great skyscrapers from the beginning of the century - like the Martinelli building, on the right. The 200 million Brazilians are a curious mixture of European (not only Portuguese, but Italian, German and whatever you can imagine) and African and Amerindians. This is reflected in one of the most cosmopolitan cultures in the world. Unfortunately, as in most South America, poverty, violence and criminality, is a major problem. I´m here on hollidays right now, but also checking some media magazines where I might write as a correspondent in Europe. Tomorrow, I´ll be heading to the beach, 10 hours away from here. More news soon ;)

5 comments:

bingo and betty said...

thats so kool, whats the food like? can't wait to see your photos. say hi from me.

KMJ said...

Hi Milan,
Glad you made it safely, and I hope your holiday is wonderful. I am very much looking forward to seeing your photos. :)

zbjernak said...

10 hours for beach??? wow, thts far??
copacabana beach in rio???

KMJ said...

Hi Milan, welcome back! Where are those pictures? I've been waiting for days... (hehe) Just kidding - relax and take your time. I'll be waiting to see and hear about your trip whenever you've recouperated from the travels.

Milan said...

Hello K.!!! How's life? Yes, still recovering from the trip! Just doing some editing before posting the pictures. I hope you'll like some of them and visit Brazil - it's one of the most wonderful countries you can imagine. Regards.

Followers

Blog Archive