A blog with pictures and memories from life in Lisbon. Um blogue de recordações de Milan Perveze...

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pictures from downtown Rio de Janeiro... The memory of slavery is very present in today´s Brazil. It was the first time I saw Africans depicted in neoclassical statues, in a clear hommage to their role in the formation of Brazilian culture. Near Ipanema, I saw that group of Chinese para-athletes quite busy with their bikes.

7 comments:

zbjernak said...

the first pic
the huge doors..very pretty

KMJ said...

The statue re: slavery is so moving. It's a beautiful sculpture - very emotional.

Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Metallyptica said...

I have to confess I had no ideia Rio could be so architechtonically beautiful! I always thought Brazil was a natural beauty, but now I see it has more!

The slavery statue is for me the best shot in the group! I love the guy's face!

Roberto Iza Valdés said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Followers