A blog with pictures and memories from life in Lisbon. Um blogue de recordações de Milan Perveze...

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There were few sunny days in Rio de Janeiro a few weeks ago. It was still winter, relatively fresh, but quite obviously a tropical climate. It is definitely one of the most beautiful places in the world, even with the poverty of the shanty towns around the bay and the violence reported by the media. The Corcovado Christ statue didn't seem to me as impressive and massive as I thought it would be, but that wonderful view is indeed there. Very rarely have I met such happy and vibrant people as the Brazilians, though.

4 comments:

zbjernak said...

i like the one with the flag...
cool

and the bird's eye view of rio... you have one with full view?
i bet it will be great

KMJ said...

The escalator in that top shot is wild. Seems so out of place, but I bet there are lots of people happy to have it there. And your one night shot is amazing. What a view!!! Glad you had a chance to post more of your pics. The one of you below is great. Was this a working trip like before? Or more for fun and relaxation this time... Cool that J could go with you again, especially if it was for work. :)

Milan said...

Z., I think I have such a picture. I'll find a way to post it in the next few days. K., there was not only an escalator, but a whole train going up that mountain. Once there, there were nice, wide terraces, with restaurants and shops. A truly wonderful place to visit. I went there on a business trip with my brother and sister-in-law, and ended up staying there an extra week ;) Lucky me. J. joined me later for a few days.

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

Followers

Blog Archive